Thursday 31 January 2013

January/Goals/Life

The end of January has finally arrived. It's been a whole month since New Year, it does however feel like six months ago. On New Years Day I hadn't found any resolutions or thought of any goals to achieve. This was still the case two weeks into the new year so I made a resolution to think of some goals before the end of January.

Some people can live very happily without having a goal or mission in life but for me it's important to improve & push my life forward with having something to strive for. I've had it drummed into me from various jobs that goals must be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) blah, blah, blah...... But, maybe, just maybe, that is the case or how are you to know that you are achieving your goals and ambitions?

Back to my goals. Firstly I decided that I shall separate my needs from my wants! I often want to buy various items from food to clothes to shoes but the question I'm now asking myself is do I need them? Most of the time the answer is NO, I just want them. I'm hoping by separating my needs from wants that this will help me save a bit of money for something nice that I truly need & maybe even want.

I knew on 1st January I wanted a physical goal, however this plan has been scuppered by an ankle injury preventing me from exercise & keeping me out of the gym. An appointment with a sports physiotherapist has been booked so hopefully with their help I'll soon be back in the gym & can set myself an exciting & challenging goal. I'm hoping to take up a new gym class or two just for starters!!

Joining new gym classes also contributes towards my goal of improving my own well being. As controversial as it maybe I've been on the sunbed once or twice a week to help beat the January blues plus also giving my skin a nice glow as a bonus. I'm taking time to relax and making sure that I don't let work or life in general stress me. Over christmas I put on a few pounds but nothing to drastic, conscious of being unable to exercise I've ate well without restricting myself & those few pounds have gone. In 2013 I plan to do new things and I'm sure as and when these things arise I'll know what is right to improve my life & well-being.

I believe my goals that I've got so far are achievable, realistic, measurable by their success and as for time-bound I'll re-evaluate after a few physio sessions.

I mentioned in my new year blog my motto for 2013, I plan to read it and remember its meaning throughout 2013 to push me forward to a brighter, happier life.

"I am ready to accept change and I know that only good things are coming my way".



1 comment:

  1. You were definitely looking very sleek last week! I'm having to do the 'needs and wants' thing too, I need to save for a car, and it is surprising how much I've saved by not having the 'usual' little treats - wine, takeaway, make-up I never get round to wearing, magazines, chocolate, glitter. My big problem is reminding myself that when something I 'want' is on offer, I saving more if I don't buy it!

    ReplyDelete